1. Your Information
- If you choose to use Yappie, we will receive a number of different types of information about you. In this document, such information is referred to as “Your Information”.
- Your information is the information that is required when you sign up for the site, as well as any information you choose to share. This includes:
- Registration information: When you sign up for Yappie, you are required to provide information such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender. In some cases, you may be able to register using other information, like your telephone number.
- Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Yappie, such as when you upload data, or comment on another Users submission.
- “Your Information” also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you upload data or make any submissions in any format to the service.
- Your name, profile pictures, audio submissions, gender, username and User ID are considered as information that you have chosen to make public.
2. Information others share about you
- We receive information about you from other users, such as when they upload your contact information, post a photo of you, upload information in audio formats, follow you, interact with you using the service or otherwise upload information about you.
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with Yappie, such as when you look at another person's submissions, send or receive a message, make a search enquiry, click on, view or otherwise interact with things, use a Yappie mobile app, or make other purchases Yappie.
- When you upload data on Yappie, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video, or recorded the audio file.
- We receive data in formats such as Audio or Video, from your computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Yappie, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS or other location information as part of the location based services provided.
- We receive data whenever you visit or use any of the pages or features of the Service. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to Yappie, your User ID.
- We also receive data from our affiliates or our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that help us (or them) deliver advertisements and other marketing materials. For example, an advertiser may tell us information about you in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - advertisements.
- We put together data from the information we already have about you and any users you are linked to on Yappie. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you about people or events nearby, or offer deals to you that you might be interested in. We may also put together data about you to serve you advertisements that might be more relevant to you.
- When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city).
3. Public information
- The phrase "public information” means the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available. This is often referred to as information which is “in the public domain”.
4. Information you choose to make public
- Choosing to place your information in the public domain also means that this information:
- Can be freely associated with (i.e., your name, audio uploads, photos, comments, User ID, username, submissions etc.) even off Yappie;
- Yappie users are reminded that you will not be able to select an audience when you upload something or otherwise interact with the features and services offered by Yappie. As a general rule, you should assume that anything you upload onto Yappie will constitute information that will be publicly available. When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public. Never upload anything that you are not happy for everyone to see or hear.
5. Usernames and User IDs
- A Username or ID is a custom link identifying your Yappie account.
- If someone has your Username or User ID, they can use it to access information about you through the Service. Specifically, they can access your public information, along with your age range, language and country.
6. How we use the information we receive
- Yappie collects and stores your information with Amazon Web Services.
- We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users, our partners, the advertisers that purchase advertisements on the site, and the developers that build the applications and software that you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Yappie products, services and integrations safe and secure;
- to protect Yappie's or others' rights or property;
- to provide you with location features and services,
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertisements you and others see, including to deliver relevant advertisements to you
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
- you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. We don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- Received your permission; or
- Given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- Removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
- For information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
- We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
7. Deleting and deactivating your account
- If you want to stop using your account, you can delete it.
- When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Yappie. It typically takes 30 days to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs. You can also make requests under the Data Protection Act 1998 (see “Data Protection Act Requests”)
- Some of the things you do on Yappie aren’t stored in your account, like sending someone a message. That information remains after you delete your account.